Saturday, October 23, 2010

 

I Broke my Lifter Mechanism.

Recently, I blogged about an invention I made to jack up small cars. One commenter mentioned since Saturns were no longer made, I would not have a lot of use for it. Not so, it can be used for any small car. This week, I was using it to lift the Suzuki Sidekick and I broke it. Searching madly in my notes I discovered that I had designed it for a 2,000 pound load. The front of the Suzuki must weigh more than 2,000 pounds.

Maybe I should have designed for the jack capacity?

Re welding the angles.

You probably can see the arc in the top plate.


All back together. We will see how this works.


Comments:
What is it they say? Things happen in threes: the garage door spring, the computer, the car jack invention. You should be good to go now! :-) Looks like you had a nice birthday!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?