Sunday, September 26, 2010

 

Saturn Jack Invention.

Today I thought I would show one of my inventions. I work on small cars from time to time and there is no place to put the jack on most of them. So I made a frame to lift the whole front end of a car at one time. Showing how it fits on my floor jack.
Here I am sliding it under the car. Note: It is required to have the wheels up on a slight ramp or else you cannot work the handle on the jack!
In place under the motor support frame. I use a couple of 2X4's between the lifting frame and the car body to cushion the load. The car all jacked up!

Safety First. Preparing to weld up the lifting frame. Jack Adaptor.
Jack Adaptor with Top Plate
Welding the Top Plate to the Jack Adaptor.

Assembled Top Plate to Jack Adaptor. I then added a couple of pieces of Angle Iron to make it wider.
Comments:
Great invention!
My dad would love it.
 
Since they don't make Saturns anymore, I wouldn't bother to Patent it
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?