Saturday, April 09, 2011

 

Weekend Update

This week we had rouladen for dinner. Rouladen (or Rinderroulade, singular: roulade) are a German meat usually consisting of bacon, onions, mustard and pickles wrapped in thinly sliced beef which is then cooked. In some countries, the roulade is also known as "beef olive".

Here the "Little One" is cheering for more.


I pressure cooked the roulades after browning them. Mashed Potatoes


Sweet corn and sour cream gravy. The "Little One" was very well behaved. But then he is always well behaved.


Comments:
I've never heard of this kind of meat. Did you buy it already rolled at the butcher shop? or, was this passed down in your family. It does look like something I would try.

How's the foot doing?

Corrine
 
How is your foot doing? You always say, "The Little One was very well behaved" as if you expect him to be otherwise...
 
Elonet used to make those...I've made them quite a few times myself

Beth thought I was nuts when I put a pickle inside of it

walter
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?