Monday, December 15, 2014

 

More Car Work

The Blazer was making disturbing noises from the rear wheels and then the brakes went out!!  If not one thing it is another.  
This is not good.  As you can see the inside surface of the rotor disintegrated and the cooling fins destroyed the caliper.
I bought new parts at Auto Zone but when I was bleeding the brakes I could not get the caliper fitting to seal up.
This is the surface for sealing the caliper on the Auto Zone unit.  You can see where the steel washer tried to seal against the rough surface.
They gave me my money back and I got another caliper, for only a dollar more, at O'Reilly's that had a machined surface.  
With the addition of some copper washers it sealed up without any trouble.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?