Monday, December 17, 2012

 

Snow Blower Repair.

Sometimes I worry about myself.  Gerardo had a "cheapo" snow blower and the belt went out on it.  He went out a bought a new good snow blower and gave me the "cheapo".  I went to the hardware store to buy a belt and found out that the belt for the snow blower was $26 plus tax.  Just a regular belt was $5.  So I measured the $26 belt and found it was an odd size, 34 1/2 inches.  Of course, being an engineer, I was able to calculate how much I would have to increase the diameter of the drive pulley so I could use a standard 35 inch belt.  I bought an aluminum pulley for $6 and the standard belt.
 When I installed the new pulley not only was it too wide, the flanges were too big in diameter.
 So it was over to the lathe to machine it down to the right size.
The snow blower all ready to go; if we get any more snow this year.

Comments:
IF you get any more snow?!? I think there is a storm headed your way....I worry about you, too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?