Thursday, July 28, 2011

 

Truck Repair, Not Again!!!!

As I mentioned on one of my earlier posts, the muffler plugged up on the truck. A couple of weeks after I had replaced the muffler, it plugged up again. What was happening was the inside of the Catalytic Converter was disintegrating and plugging up the system.
Many years ago I was down visiting Uncle Walter and he gave me Grandpa Fritz's oxygen acetylene welding system and I finally ended up with a job where I had to take the tanks in to the local welding supply and get them filled.
Once you are in for the cost of tank inspection, registration, and filling, I went ahead and bought new hoses. The regulators and other equipment was all checked out OK.

Catalytic converter removed from truck. I had to use the cutting torch to remove the bolts from the exhaust manifold.
Tail Pipe and "Cherry Bomb" muffler.
After I beat all the insides out of the converter I re-installed it.
The muffler.
The stuff that was inside the Catalytic converter.
The truck ready to go again.


Comments:
tsk! tsk! the tree huggers'll get you for this! John
 
Did you know the EPA does not approve of your "modification" of the catalytic converter???
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?