Sunday, January 24, 2010

 

Christmas Present

This Christmas I got a new pressure cooker. I now have a 4 qt. (my original) and the new one is an 8 qt. I have been looking forward to using it. Kate has a 6 qt. so we have the full range of sizes. Looks nice sitting there on the stove! Tongue soup. What could be better for the first experiment? I went to Sun Foods, made a special trip, to buy one. I added some barley which I do not normally do but I had some in the refrigerator and said, "Why Not?" Other ingredients are celery, tomatoes, and onions.
This cooker does not have the normal little weight to control the pressure. The pressure control is built into the handle.
Thirty minutes later.
The tongue looks excellent. It tasted very good, though the soup was a bit different than what I usually make because of the barley. Gerardo took half for sandwiches.


Comments:
that is too gross. Corrine
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?