Sunday, April 26, 2009

 

The Trans-Siberian Railway.

It Is Electric!

I was riding back to the hotel in a taxis and saw a train on the railway. I had been told that the Trans Siberian Railroad went though Perm but I had not seen any evidence of where the tracks were. One of the Bridges across the Kama River is said to carry the train. While I had seen the tracks before, I never thought they were transcontinental because they were electric.
The taxis was taking the 'back way' that the taxis sometimes take. The "bus" never takes the back streets because they are too rough and unmaintained.
The windows of the taxis were quite dirty but I was so excited I took the pictures anyway.
As a comparison, I downloaded a photo (without permission) of the Trans-Siberian Railroad from the Internet so that my good readers could see the similarity of paint and colors to the one I saw. I Googled and found out that the electrical work for the railroad was completed in 2003. It is a totally electric train. The future of the United States is operating today.

Comments:
Why is T_S Railroad Electric?? Does
diesel freeze too easily at the local Siberian temperatures?? I would think that the transmission
losses would be huge. John
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?