Saturday, April 18, 2009

 

Driving the Bus

This week the weather warmed up for a couple of days, though now it is back in the 30's again. Here is a picture of the "bus" that takes us to work in the morning and brings us home at night. I have gotten to know the drivers in the last 11 weeks and this week one offered to let me drive the bus. It has a six speed manual transmission and he thought that I would not be able to figure it out.
After some initial hesitation, while I figured out where all the controls were, I was off. By the time we reached the end of the factory driveway, the driver said, "No no, politzi" Meaning, I assume, that if I drove the bus out on the highway I would get arrested. I set the parking brake and we switched places. that was my excitement for the week.

Comments:
Ah, the thrill of the minibus. I just thought you would like to know that we just broke from a heat wave here in LA. Sunday to Tuesday, highs of 96 degrees. Today we got back to the low 80s. I hope that helps you warm up.
 
Fred, you are indeed in your 'element'!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?