Saturday, January 31, 2009

 

A Trip Around Perm

This afternoon I drove around Perm with one of the guys from work. This is the Art Museum in downtown near the river. It costs 210 Rubles for foreigners, 50 Rubles for locals. On a warmer day when I have more time I plan to go.
Looking out across the Kama River. On the left is the Kama Bridge. It is over a kilometer long.
The obligatory picture of Lenin. Here I am in my Russian hat trying to fit in. Boy is it cold. And what do I find right beside the monument? Locos Gringos!! How about a beer and some tacos?
The Local headquarters of the KGB. Called the 'Death Castle'. We got stopped by the police as we were driving by and they checked out our documents. This is the second time this has happened to me. I must look suspicious. Here is Mother Russia with soldiers and workers.

This is the government offices of the District of Perm.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?