Sunday, January 04, 2009

 

Sunday Update

Last fall I took a trip to U-Pull Auto Parts to get some parts for my Honda. Here I am digging for the power steering unit down by the rack and pinion.
Gently wiggling it loose. I was not gentle enough with mine, I broke it.
Looks like the right one. I paid $16 plus $4 for entry to get it.
A friend of mine took pity on me when he heard how long I had been working on this project and gave me this headlight to make the work easier. I am very impressed, it really does help to see what you are doing.
Kate and Gerardo helped me put the transmission back in. I paced myself and put in six bolts every day.
Here is the Honda parked out in the driveway. It still needs some work (bumpers, door latch, and underbody sheetmetal) but the big stuff is done. I drove it around the block and it seemed to run OK.Covered up and for the rest of the winter. Boy am I happy to have it out of my garage!

Comments:
Way to go Fred!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?