Monday, August 18, 2008

 

Weekend Update

I was out of town this week so there is not much to report.

I finally got all the rocks out of my front garden and am ready to put in the sod.
Liz stopped over on Saturday to wash the cars, she enjoys using the power washer, but doesn't everyone?
I spent a few minutes sorting the doll clothes and suitcase items I brought home from Walter's house. The doll is an Armand Marseille. Located in Koppelsdorf, in the Thuringia region of Germany, the Armand Marseille doll company was at the heart of the German dollmaking revolution in the 1890s. Started by Armand Marseille in 1865, the company didn't make dolls until approximately 1885. Armand Marseille, Jr. was at the head of the company for the majority of the company's dollmaking years. Almost all of the doll heads were made of bisque; many other doll companies purchased Armand Marseille doll heads. Doll bodies were generally made of composition or stuffed kid with bisque arms. The majority of Armand Marseille dolls were made with bisque heads; the most common being the 390 head mold on a composition body. The 370 (a shoulder head mold) on a stuffed kid body was the second most popular. Armand Marseille also made a large variety of baby dolls including the Dream Baby, toddler dolls, character dolls including Just Me and several rare models. Kasin the cat.
What do you have there Kate? Is that for me?

Comments:
How did you find out all of that interesting information about the doll?
 
I have an appointment next Friday with a doll restorer in the Twin City area to get professional advice. I would like to get the doll and clothes cleaned. Kate said she wanted to keep the doll. Market value for this doll is in $250 to $500 dollar range depending upon condition. I will blog the visit to the Doll Lady next week.
 
Again, how did you find out all that interesting information about the doll?
 
There were numbers and letters on the back of the doll's head and I Googled them and up popped the information I cut and pasted. I then searched for Doll Restorers in the area and found one and talked to her on the phone.
 
That was my guess, that there were letters or names on the back of the doll's head...Isn't that interesting?
Looks like you are ready to watch the Republican Convention what with that new TV!
 
so, uh do you think that was Elonet's or Grandma's dolls?

walter
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?