Monday, April 14, 2008

 

Saturn Update Numero Uno

I am working on a 1995 Saturn that has no compression on cylinder number three. It has been in my garage all winter, it being too cold to work on it but this past week we had a couple of days in the 30's and I finally got started.

Engine at the start. Notice the broken motor mount.

Engine with motor mount and valve cover removed.

The bolts that hold the timing chain cover on were so tight that I broke my 10mm socket taking out the first bolt and stripped off the corners. I tried to weld on a nut to get it out but was not able to get a good weld. I finally welded enough junk on the end that I was able to get my vise grips on it and get it out. Will report more progress as it warms up and I get some more work done.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?