Wednesday, January 16, 2008

 

Weekly Update

Car Talk
The Cavalier got put back together and did not leak as it drove away.
It took us four hours to get it apart and another four hours to get it back together and running. I hope it holds up. You have to remember, "It is a Chevrolet."
My friend Warren standing beside the finished car.

Cooking Time
I made bean soup this week. Beans, ham and ham bone, celery and onions, and diced tomatoes.
Cooked in the pressure cooker for 30 minutes, it was delicious.


Other News
In other news, the garbage disposal quit working and I replaced it. Tuesday, I had a friend over for dinner (the bean soup) and when I opened up the dishwasher it was full of water. I don't know if she was impressed with having to help me remove the knock out plug from the disposal before we could eat dinner or not. The friend I had over was Liz, one of the widows. Live and learn I guess.
I mounted my drill press on a new stand. (Notice the Milling Machine on the floor)
The old drill press stand I am modifying to mount my milling machine that has been sitting on the floor of the garage since last year.

Comments:
Fred,

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy keeping up with everything that is going on from down here in Covington. We had a good old fashion MPLS snow this week. The whole state shuts down when they see a snow flake... incredible. May get some more snow this weekend. Take care!!!

-Greg
 
The bean soup looks GREAT. You certainly do keep yourself busy. I should have done some cooking today. Tim's 60th birthday is next Saturday.

Cold is coming this way (but not that cold).

Miss you all. Corrine
 
The bean soup does look quite tasty. I have been making corn meal muffins that might be a nice addition to your bean soup. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?