Wednesday, November 28, 2007

 

Knee Surgery Update

What a Knee story.
Before Surgery
After Surgery
The surgery took a lot longer than the Surgeon expected, I remember waking up just about the time his next procedure was to start and saw him mopping the floor. I don't know if he was really mopping the floor or if I was having a hallucination. I was told that the surgery was to take about 25 minutes but the nurse told me it took twice that time. I have a torn ACL that I am too old to fix. I have arthritis and torn cartilage but am too young for a knee replacement. It felt very good today but now that the local anesthetics are wearing off it is really starting to hurt and stiffen up. I talked with the nurse and she was shocked that I had not started taking the pain meds. Live and learn is what I say. I will not take off the bandage till tomorrow. I check from time to time that my toes on that leg are not turning purple. If they did, I would take a picture of them for the blog. More Later.

Comments:
Your blog always brings a smile! Glad to hear that your toes are not purple and hope the doctor isn't also the janitor.

When do you start therapy? Pain meds will help you walk correctly (through the pain). Otherwise you may develop a limp or not work it as hard as you should. Corrine
 
Hi Fred,

Ed told me about your blog when he picked me up this afternoon. I guess this is part of getting old - our body cannot fix itself anymore.

Take good care of yourself.

Alicia
 
Fred, hope your knee is feeling much better. Do the exercises that the doctor has prescribed to keep your knee flexible... :-)
 
You want to be ready to gambol in the sun in Mexico... ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?