Sunday, January 07, 2007

 

News Years Day, Global Warming Update

It is tradition to have pork on New Years Day for good luck. This year it was warm enough that we were able to cook the pork tenderloin on the grill.

It was very good.


We also had mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, rolls, and Brussels sprouts. Fred made a cheese sauce for the sprouts which was OK but not as good as just butter would have been.


Fritz's Christmas present of a propane heater for the garage is going to come in handy. It may be the cause of the global warming, by the way. The Astro's (see last post) steering column is still giving me trouble. The ignition switch is stuck in the start position. (I had to disconnect the battery to get the car to stop) I don't know yet if the problem is that one of the cams inside the column has become jammed or my key has worn out and will no longer operate the tumblers. I will report more later when I know.
Fritz's shop heater.

Comments:
You are brave to grill the pork tenderloin over charcoal. What did you baste it with? Your whole New Year's Day meal looks yummy! The cheese sauce might have been my favorite!
Martha
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?