Saturday, December 30, 2006

 

Astro Steering Column Adventure.

As some of you are aware, the steering column on the Astro has gotten 'loose' of late. That is it moves around in about a 6 or 8 inch circle, like a joy stick. A couple of weeks ago the section with the turn signal switch and the ignition switch started spinning on the column along with the steering wheel and I could feel the wires inside jamming up. I saw this as a bad thing and started taking it apart. My friend, Pete, lent me his pullers (which I proceeded to break) to get the wheel off and the turn signal switch removed.

There are two screws inside the steering column that hold the upper housing to the lower housing. these screws had worked loose and the housings had come apart. Pete suggested I lock-tite them but to get the screws out required taking the whole top part of the column apart so I just tightened them up as much as I could.
If they loosen up again, I will address the issue at that time. Astro all back together ready to 'haul the freight'.

Comments:
testing comments
 
Fred, you love these little adventures into the realms of the altogether unknown! :-)
Martha
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?