Sunday, October 29, 2006

 

October Paella

Gerardo's mother and Aunt Sylvia came over last weekend to make Paella. This is to continue the tradition from last year. We tried to make a paella for Father's Day, and while it was good it was not as good as Gerardo's Mother's. This year we observed the operation closely and made notes for the future. Aunt Silvia suggested that we should try a paella that uses pasta instead of rice. Next spring we will try it.

Raw ingredients. We used chicken, pork ribs, squid, shrimp, mussels, lobster, green beans, onions, garlic, and rice.

Preparation was as noted before, the ingredients were cooked separately before assembling.

Cooking together is much of the party.

Serving.

After dinner and the kitchen was cleaned up it was time to play Dominos. Aunt Silvia was the big winner. Here she is asking Kate, "I don't like the merchandise, please give me my money."


Comments:
Fred eating squid??? Ed and I love squid but I did not realize that you would like it too. Great influence - Kate and Gerardo.

My Asia trip is over and I'm glad to be home. Bangkok has changed a lot since the '80's. We stayed in Pattaya one night but I thought it was really crowded and more like a tourist trap. The plant manager told me that Samui is a beautiful island that I'll enjoy. Where will Kate and Gerardo go? They should get a Thai massage while visiting - $5 for 2 hours and you are treated like a royalty!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?